322 drivers caught speeding in Cumbrian town in seven hours
MORE than 300 drivers were caught speeding in a Cumbrian town in just seven hours.
Police issued 322 notices of intended prosecution (NIP) for speeding offences during seven one-hour deployments on English Street, Longtown. A NIP is issued to the registered vehicle keeper and indicates that the driver at fault may face prosecution.
Police set up the deployments to monitor the traffic over the past three months in response to concerns raised by residents of the town near the Scottish Border.
The highest recorded speed was 60mph - double the 30mph limit on that stretch of the A7.
Sergeant... read more
- 16:39 Blackpool Zoo launches its new elephant house
- 16:39 US sanctions Iranian hackers for 'stealing university data'
- 16:39 Manchester City's big stars ended Luke Coulson's dream after 10...
- 16:37 Ayla’s first school flamenco
- 16:37 Traditional Good Friday parade to take place in South Shields
- 16:36 Let’s move to Eastbourne, East Sussex: ‘Things may be changing’
- 16:36 First non-stop flight between UK and Australia set for take-off
- 16:36 'I will not resign': Councillor's vow following disabled insult row
- 16:35 Supermarket chain makes £1.9 million investment and creates 15 new...
- 16:34 Explained: Four major mistakes Alan Pardew has made to West Brom's...
- 16:34 Liverpool goalkeeper linked with Newcastle United move - but would...
- 16:33 Keep off our land, indigenous women tell Ecuador's president
- 16:33 Officers remove bench in Salisbury where Skripals fell ill
- 16:33 Police inspector who dumped wife’s body in lake convicted of murder
- 16:32 Twenty-five England fans arrested in Amsterdam before friendly
- 16:33 Police inspector murdered his detective wife after she rumbled his...
- 16:32 Sunderland, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough, Derby County - Burton...
- 16:32 In Pictures: ‘Power grab’ protesters encricle Scottish Parliament
- 16:32 PROJECT UPDATE: Chorley’s new Youth Zone
- 16:31 A pedlar who was selling goods door-to-door without a certificate...
- 16:29 Ex-fracking protester changed sides to join protesters
- 16:28 Arsenal legend David Seaman makes huge Jack Wilshere prediction
- 16:27 England football fans arrested in Amsterdam after violent clashes
- 16:27 How Harvey Weinstein's accusers are fighting their way back to the top
- 16:27 Clean up your skatepark - or lose it
- 16:26 Olivier Giroud reveals this major frustration since joining Chelsea...
- 16:26 Manchester United 'confident' they can land this £40m Brazil star...
- 16:26 Court briefs: Who's been up in court?
- 16:26 Lorry drivers jailed over fatal M1 crash
- 16:26 Leeds school was on lockdown after Horsforth Town Street robbery