£2m funding boost could unlock scheme to create 1, 500 jobs near Sheffield
Plans to build houses and create 1, 500 jobs at the former Coalite coking works site have taken a major step forward after Derbyshire County Council approved £2 million to help plug a funding gap.
The 140 acre site - which lies partly in North East Derbyshire and partly in Bolsover – has remained derelict since Coalite closed more than 12 years ago.
Bolsover Land Limited acquired the site in 2012 and was granted outline planning permission for employment use to create up to 1, 500 jobs. Consent was also given for 660 houses, a potential new school and community facilities.
However, funding... read more
- 09:13 Latest news from Berwick Naturalists Club
- 09:12 Police appeal for information after a caravan theft
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith
- 09:02 7 interior design tips for when your home is the size of a shoebox
- 09:01 Irish abortion referendum: exit polls predict landslide for yes as...
- 08:59 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:56 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:55 Liverpool star Mohamed Salah deserves Ballon d'Or over Cristiano...
- 08:49 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:48 Hunt for Audi A3 driver who sped off after fatal crash that left...
- 08:45 James Milner stuns Liverpool team-mates with wondergoal ahead of...
- 08:41 M6 closed after smash
- 08:40 Royal visitor to Banbury chocolate plant
- 08:34 No, having BPD doesn’t make you a bad partner
- 08:34 Liverpool hero reveals how Real Madrid already have upper hand in...
- 08:33 Could Britain’s top tradesperson be from our area?
- 08:28 My secret life as a student Nightline volunteer