29 killed in IS suicide bomber’s attack on rebel fighters in Syria
An explosion in a village in northwestern Syria near the border with Turkey killed at least 29 people including several Turkey-backed opposition fighters, Syrian activists said.
The attack, which was quickly claimed by the Islamic State group, underscored the complex layers of the Syrian conflict, where a civil war between Syrian president Bashar Assad’s forces and the rebels trying to oust him is taking place alongside a militant insurgency and an international war against IS.
Meanwhile, activists in the northern Syrian city of Aleppo said it was calmer yesterday after Syria’s military... read more
- 07:49 New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern 'regrets Trump story'
- 07:48 Rihanna’s Fenty Beauty is named Invention of the Year
- 07:48 Mother told her husband ‘shouldn’t take daughter to the ladies’ loos’
- 07:47 Manchester United board promise to sign three Galacticos for...
- 07:47 Gorgeous creatures of NYC Downlow captured in 3D – in pictures
- 07:45 Scientists warn big rise in severe earthquakes is coming next year...
- 07:45 Delays after collision on M1 near Rotherham
- 07:43 Coronation Street boss Kate Oates reveals how she persuaded Alison...
- 07:42 Man arrested in police operation outside prison in Doncaster
- 07:40 Thanks for fantastic cheese on toast, Ian
- 07:39 Live: Breaking news, weather and travel Monday November 20
- 07:38 Queen and Duke star in new portraits to mark 70th anniversary
- 07:35 Beaten, drugged and locked up in mental hospital
- 07:34 Man arrested in police operation outside prison in Doncaster
- 07:34 How to do a job badly
- 07:33 Toddler found in abandoned car after police chase in Rotherham
- 07:33 Double yellow lines
- 07:33 Hundreds of lost lives on roads every year
- 07:32 Warwickshire aiming to benefit from Coventry UK City of Culture bid
- 07:32 Volunteers plant 1,500 trees to help woodland grow
- 07:30 Tombola staff are all tuckered out for I’m a Celeb launch
- 07:28 Are these piles of slop the worst school meals ever made?
- 07:28 Happy anniversary, your Majesty! Queen releases official portraits...
- 07:28 Work starts on new £350,000 visitor centre which aims to create a...
- 07:26 The Weird, Wonderful Web
- 07:25 Burton Live: Breaking news, traffic and travel on Monday, November 20
- 07:25 Hartlepool boss keen to move on from Aldershot loss
- 07:24 Bella Hadid models underwear backstage as she gets ready for...
- 07:23 Brexit divorce bill: Theresa May to hold 'inner cabinet' talks
- 07:23 Serial killer Charles Manson dies aged 83 in hospital after falling...