£28bn funding bid to create 70,000 jobs and 6,000 businesses in Sheffield City Region
A £28billion plan to underpin the economic growth of the Sheffield City Region - creating 70,000 jobs and 6,000 businesses - has been unveiled by business leaders.
The ‘Integrated Infrastructure Plan’ – known as IIP and the first of its kind outside London - details how the SCR aims to speed up improvements to infrastructure for key projects across the region’s nine districts.
Transport, investment-ready commercial space, digital connections, good quality new homes, improved flood defences and sustainable energy are all cited as key parts of the package.
Major projects identified as... read more
- 13:30 Plea to “better off” Sheffield pensioners to donate fuel payments
- 13:29 Renewed appeal by police after woman injured in Morecambe...
- 13:29 North east Derbyshire plane crash ‘unsurvivable’ say investigators
- 13:28 Pizza boxes, crisp bags and light bulbs: here’s what NOT to recycle
- 13:29 Lancashire court listings - Monday, November 20, 2017
- 13:29 Delays on M1 after three vehicle smash
- 13:29 Are you guilty of sending inappropriate emails?
- 13:28 Police warning over cold calls from bogus bailiffs
- 13:29 Police probe into death of Alfreton student continues
- 13:29 UK house price trends: how Preston compares with the rest of the...
- 13:29 Independent shops: how to get ahead on Black Friday
- 13:28 VIDEO: Police raid traveller sites, including one near Harborough,...
- 13:29 63-year-old man abused three girls in Derbyshire
- 13:28 What are the last Christmas posting dates for International Airmail?
- 13:28 WATCH: Banned Royal Mail TV ad ‘too scary’ to be aired
- 13:29 VIDEO: Bad driving in Derbyshire caught on camera
- 13:28 Loud snorers more at risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease says...
- 13:28 Aldi and Lidl recall snacks over allergy fears
- 13:28 Revealed: Top 50 bugbears of motorists from lane hoggers to...
- 13:29 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:28 Check your loose change - you could have a 50p worth hundreds in...
- 13:28 Independent Desborough group claims landslide victory in maiden...
- 13:28 Money saving tips for families ahead of Black Friday
- 13:28 US military to create real life Star Trek with ‘invisible’ bombers...
- 13:28 Older people in the Harborough area may be at risk of malnutrition
- 13:28 UPDATE: Driver has serious injuries after Desborough A6 crash
- 13:28 Man indecently exposes himself to 15-year-old girl in Desborough
- 13:28 John's real-time WW1 blog: Seven photographs that together tell a...
- 13:25 I would not be here without the outdoors, says Blackpool mountain...
- 13:25 Test results reveal what’s washing up on Fylde coast beaches