21 cars had tyres slashed in Derby streets in ONE night - but man living nearby 'not surprised'
A resident living in a Derby street that was at the centre of a tyre-slashing rampage said it was "surprising" that it had not happened sooner.
Dom Brewin, and many of his neighbours in South Street and Stepping Lane, woke up on Sunday morning to find the tyres had been slashed on their cars. The police said 21 offences had been reported to the force but Mr Brewin said he had seen this coming.
He said: "I think that it proves more public surveillance is necessary in certain areas to avoid such vandalism in the future. The run-down factory area that sits between South Street... read more
- 18:45 No joy for Thoresby’s festival refund
- 18:45 Video: Man lost his home and pension after falling for a £200,000...
- 18:45 Video: Apprentice contestant Elizabeth chases a goose to safety
- 18:46 UPDATED 6.30pm: A590 reopens but train problems persist
- 18:45 Mansfield and district crime report
- 18:46 Cumbrian criminal cases reviewed after potential data manipulation
- 18:45 Woman cut free after Kirkby car smash
- 18:45 The essential do’s and don’ts of Black Friday
- 18:45 Brighton can win at Old Trafford, claims Chris Hughton ahead of...
- 18:45 Man who strangled a woman to death in Sutton is sentenced
- 18:45 £295 court bill for £15 of cannabis in Mansfield
- 18:45 Notts child sexual abuse reports increase
- 18:45 Jail for banned driver who walked out of Mansfield court and drove off
- 18:45 Royal badge manufacturer secures £1.2 million of help to expand
- 18:45 The best Black Friday deals 2017
- 18:43 We've had the Ale Trail - this was the coffee trail
- 18:42 'She's more than just a sex toy': Man, 58, reveals he sleeps with a...
- 18:42 Europe’s oldest chimpanzee Blossom dies at the ripe old age of 62...
- 18:42 How cooking fish and chips can change the weather: Frying food...
- 18:42 Seven submissions to St Helens Council’s planning department
- 18:42 Figures show worrying increase in disabled youngsters seeking help...
- 18:42 Is it safe to go to Morocco? Travel advice and update for...
- 18:41 Why you NEED some 'me time': Study shows solitude is good for...
- 18:41 Stress IS hereditary: Children of mothers who endured stress during...
- 18:41 Star Wars 8: Snoke's full power REVEALED plus THIS proves he is NOT...
- 18:41 Kevin is Eyemouth’s biggest loser
- 18:40 Tributes to man who made friends easily
- 18:39 Dionne Clark murder trial: Alleged victim's mother gives evidence
- 18:39 Hats off to 1,400 graduates from the University of Derby
- 18:39 Keswick Christmas lights switch-on – all you need to know