18,000 East Midlands patients kept waiting for more than an hour to be transferred to A&E
Almost 100,000 people had to wait over 30 minutes to be transferred from an East Midlands ambulance to A&E in 2015/16, new figures show.
Nationally, the number of patients waiting for an hour or more in the back of ambulances to be transferred into A&E has more than doubled in the last three years, leading to ‘ambulance queues’ forming outside English A&Es, Labour East Midlands have said.
The figures are based on a Freedom of Information Act request to English ambulance trusts.
And the figures from East Midlands Ambulance Service show that delays have increased hugely over the... read more
- 20:29 Arsenal officially congratulate Jack Wilshere for helping...
- 20:25 Crystal Palace 3-0 Southampton
- 20:20 YOUR VIEW: We deserve a lot better from BT
- 20:18 Trump vows 35% tax for US firms that move jobs overseas
- 20:17 WATCH: Second World War veteran tells his incredible story of...
- 20:13 France's Amundi likely winner in bid for UniCredit's Pioneer - sources
- 20:13 California warehouse fire death toll rises to 24
- 20:11 Let there be lights – and lasers – at Hogmanay tribute to 70th...
- 20:10 A far-right populist has just lost the Austrian presidential election
- 20:10 GALLERY: Festive extravaganza in Dalton for Christmas lights switch-on
- 20:09 Strictly dance-off scare as pair foxtrot into semi-final
- 20:09 Everton finally showed the aggression Ronald Koeman wants from them...
- 20:06 Blues legend: This Chelsea star has got his mojo back... he stunned...
- 20:01 Win a Wedding couple tie the knot in Derby
- 20:01 Police officer who put the wrong fuel in vehicle is sacked for...
- 19:58 Marouane Fellaini gets the Twitter treatment after Manchester...
- 19:54 Kerry says would be valuable for Trump to seek advice before calls
- 19:50 Hull City's David Marshall excited to be sharing field with...
- 19:50 Middlesbrough v Hull City match preview, team news, betting tips...
- 19:49 Police close Northumberland road after accident
- 19:49 Trial of Bosnian Serb commander Mladic enters final stage
- 19:48 Liverpool goalkeeper Loris Karius 'transmits anxiety' through...
- 19:45 Edward VIII would’ve been a ‘useless king’, claims historian
- 19:45 British actor Tony Gardner contracts Zika virus
- 19:45 Name and opening date unveiled for new housing estate on eye former...
- 19:45 BT ‘must improve customer service for broadband users’
- 19:45 Iceland and Iceland at a stalemate over trademark dispute
- 19:44 Sebastian Vettel denies he's in pole position to replace F1...
- 19:41 Polzeath holidaymaker dies after being pulled from sea
- 19:40 Far-right candidate beaten in Austrian presidential vote