£150k donation funds Glasgow children’s hospital microscope
SUPERSTORE Morrisons awards £150,000 to fund a state-of-the-art surgical microscope - the first of its kind in a children’s hospital in Scotland - thanks to a 13-year-old girl.
The Morrisons Foundation, which uses funds raised by the 5p plastic carrier bag charge to support charity projects, learned of the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity’s appeal for funding from East Kilbride schoolgirl Jenny Cook when she asked her local Morrisons to help with a car boot sale.
Jenny, a Young Ambassador for the Charity and patient at the Royal Hospital for Children in Glasgow, suffers from the chronic... read more
- 00:40 EastEnders Christmas spoilers: Kathy Beale kills James...
- 00:39 These are officially the funniest Christmas cracker jokes of 2017
- 00:37 'I was asked if I was pregnant!' Unflattering comments and...
- 00:37 Chelsea news: Can Antonio Conte pick the team up from the dumps and...
- 00:37 Jose Mourinho was a three-time loser in Manchester United's loss to...
- 00:37 Manchester United news: Jose Mourinho strikes luck in Champions...
- 00:33 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:32 Champions League draw: Charlie Nicholas makes huge Man Utd vs...
- 00:32 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:32 Meet India's dam-building grandmother
- 00:32 Buy food for the family or pay to see a doctor?
- 00:31 Bitcoin: Does it really use more electricity than Ireland?
- 00:30 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:29 James DeGale still has the heart of a champion, insists promoter...
- 00:28 Concerns over Yorkshire police force’s 'stop and search' scrutiny
- 00:26 China 'constructing REFUGEE CAMPS’ for North Korea defectors if...
- 00:23 Viewpoint: India court disregards woman's right to choose husband
- 00:23 Ambitious Wales economic growth plan that encourages firms to...
- 00:19 Quetta's Hazara: The community caged in its own city
- 00:19 Laurent Wauquiez: Right-winger is French opposition hope against...
- 00:16 University chiefs must curb pay excesses, says minister
- 00:16 Fury returns to London for UKAD steroid hearing
- 00:16 Clement warns City off celebrations
- 00:16 Klopp: I won’t apologise for squad swaps
- 00:16 New report praises West Yorkshire Police
- 00:16 Christine Keeler: the one that got the blame
- 00:16 State of the Nation(alists)
- 00:16 Guitar over Gaza
- 00:16 Grenfell victims still sidelined
- 00:16 Museum grab condemned as ‘bid to humiliate’ Catalonia