£150k donation funds Glasgow children’s hospital microscope
SUPERSTORE Morrisons awards £150,000 to fund a state-of-the-art surgical microscope - the first of its kind in a children’s hospital in Scotland - thanks to a 13-year-old girl.
The Morrisons Foundation, which uses funds raised by the 5p plastic carrier bag charge to support charity projects, learned of the Glasgow Children’s Hospital Charity’s appeal for funding from East Kilbride schoolgirl Jenny Cook when she asked her local Morrisons to help with a car boot sale.
Jenny, a Young Ambassador for the Charity and patient at the Royal Hospital for Children in Glasgow, suffers from the chronic... read more
- 09:52 Gin prices will increase to painful levels if inflation rises 3%
- 09:50 Waiter knocks thumb off Roman sculpture at British Museum
- 09:50 Man charged with firearms offence after special police operation in...
- 09:50 The Great British Bake Off reaches record audience
- 09:50 WATCH: Erosion has led to fish-pass problems
- 09:50 Bamburgh WI, Meeting
- 09:49 India detains Pakistani diplomat at Delhi Zoo for 'spying'
- 09:49 Support for South Korea's Park slides to all-time low amid crisis...
- 09:49 More shops opening in Leicester than closing down
- 09:49 Brexit fails to knock Shoe Zone
- 09:48 East Midlands Airport flights could be hit by strikes today
- 09:48 Chemistry department rebirth is now completed
- 09:46 Russia tests prototype nuclear warhead for Satan II which could...
- 09:46 The UK economy has grown since Brexit
- 09:46 Saints skipper Wood earns England recall
- 09:45 Hockey: Burton hit back to claim first victory of campaign
- 09:45 Find the row with empty seats and buy a VIP lounge pass for £20:...
- 09:45 Hockey: Defeat for brave Barton in top-of-table thriller
- 09:45 Barclays joins Lloyds in the PPI doghouse as the lender dishes out...
- 09:45 Toys R Us will offer a quiet shopping hour to help children with...
- 09:45 Hockey: Taylor nets four times in Burton Ladies' win
- 09:45 Manchester United fans forced to backtrack as Mourinho lauds...
- 09:45 Tranquil retreat at risk from new estate
- 09:45 DATA: Aston Villa's TV times
- 09:44 Criticism of autism services for children in Cumbria
- 09:43 Asia shares extend losses, dollar firms but off highs
- 09:43 New Calais 'Jungle' arrivals cannot use resettlement scheme - prefect
- 09:43 South Tyneside veteran’s children receive top award
- 09:43 Youngsters dig in to planting
- 09:42 Can you help find Chantelle?