15 years on there is still much to do
The 15th anniversary of the Stop the War Coalition should be a summons to fresh struggle so that in 15 years’ time, we can look out on a more peaceful world, writes ANDREW MURRAY
Stop the War Coalition’s 15th anniversary, marked this weekend, cannot be a cause for celebration.
The fact that our organisation is still campaigning across the country for an end to the “war on terror” reflects the reality that the war is continuing.
Since first declared by George Bush with his post-9/11 attack on Afghanistan, it has embraced interventions in Iraq, Libya, Syria and Yemen, with aftershocks from... read more
- 06:28 What the inside of Virgin Voyages’ first cruise ship looks like
- 06:28 Woman gets stuck behind 94 tractors while going into labour
- 06:28 Baby has rare condition which gives her hair like Albert Einstein
- 06:27 Hartlepool MP to act on Jehovah’s Witness concerns from former...
- 06:27 Troubled primary school facing financial problems which could lead...
- 06:27 Work programme helps fill roles at new Subway set to open in summer
- 06:27 Call for tougher sentences for weapons offences as fraction get...
- 06:27 Work well underway on new Lidl store set to open in Hartlepool
- 06:27 Knitters urged to make new outfits for Bradley Lowery Foundation...
- 06:25 Having more sex might improve your memory
- 06:25 Over a quarter of UK millennials are up for dating someone much older
- 06:23 The friend effect: why the secret of health and happiness is...
- 06:22 No food, no water: African migrants recount terrifying Atlantic...
- 06:20 Authors of “Fit at Mid-Life” book urge others to try fit at 50...
- 06:20 Public urged to share their NHS stories for 70th anniversary
- 06:20 Cristiano Ronaldo wishes he was facing Man Utd not Liverpool in...
- 06:18 Chris Marshall: Reaction to special constable in a hijab says a lot
- 06:18 Leader comment: Kirk should sound trumpet over sexism
- 06:18 Leader comment: A dated approach to history
- 06:18 Scots medicial chiefs warn NHS ‘stretched to the limit’ by Brexit
- 06:18 Scots civic leaders launch declaration to prevent Brexit
- 06:18 Edinburgh schools review decision postponed
- 06:14 Government was too slow to spot Carillion's trouble brewing – MPs
- 06:13 Double standards
- 06:13 The vulnerable need more protection
- 06:10 Man Utd star Juan Mata has classy message for Chelsea and fans...
- 06:09 Jack Catterall to cheer on Terry Flanagan ahead of potential world...
- 06:09 Preston boxer Amalie goes for European glory in Bulgaria
- 06:09 Three-year deal is Darnell Fisher’s reward for strong first season...
- 06:08 Study suggests Grammar school students unlikely to do better than...