13 Nigerian soldiers wounded, others missing after Boko Haram clashes
Thirteen Nigerian soldiers were wounded in clashes with the Islamist militant group Boko Haram and others are missing, the army said on Tuesday.
Army spokesman Sani Usman said the clashes took place at Gashigar, a town in the northeast's Borno state, near the border with Niger.
"The troops did their best to defend the location in vain. In the process, 13 soldiers sustained injuries while some are still missing in action," said Usman. He did not say how many were missing.
Islamic State (IS), to which the Nigerian jihadists have pledged allegiance, said on Twitter that a total of 20... read more
- 13:25 Aston Villa vs Preston LIVE: Henri Lansbury to make debut after...
- 13:23 What is happening at Grey's Monument today? It could just save your...
- 13:22 Two-car crash in Hartlepool sees person taken to hospital
- 13:22 £45 an hour cleaners wanted...to work completely naked!
- 13:20 Arsenal do not need Dimitri Payet because Alex Iwobi can be as good...
- 13:20 Spotted: Arsenal raise banner featuring Alexis Sanchez and his dogs...
- 13:20 PGA professional Nikki takes helm at Louth Golf Club
- 13:20 Transfer News: Arsenal move after Man Utd deal, Everton bid...
- 13:20 Are you ready to get up close for National Hugging Day?
- 13:20 Chelsea boss Antonio Conte sends message to fans: This is what I...
- 13:17 Football club broken into again
- 13:16 Transfer News: Chelsea midfielder bid, Liverpool striker swoop, Man...
- 13:15 Ex-partner fined after damaging door in bust-up with pub landlord
- 13:14 Outlander actress Caitriona Balfe joins the Women's March in...
- 13:13 Former Leeds United star makes huge transfer prediction
- 13:13 Jamie Carragher: Liverpool should have made this deal happen two...
- 13:12 Neither fear - nor ignore - your January debt
- 13:12 Poppy Widdison: Daily Mail columnist asks, 'who will save the next...
- 13:12 Is it illegal if someone parks in front of your house?
- 13:11 Chelsea, Man Utd and Liverpool set to do battle over winger deal:...
- 13:10 Disability support worker ‘beat autistic child and called him a...
- 13:08 Farage CONGRATULATES Trump rioters – for turning EVERYONE against them
- 13:08 Man dies after collision near Solihull Hospital in September 2016
- 13:08 Folk band Fleetwood Cave launch new album and tour
- 13:08 Carlisle care workers hailed as ‘truly remarkable’
- 13:07 Alleged drug find leads to Burton arrests
- 13:07 Brothers thank Burton's Queen's Hospital as Leaside Singers put on...
- 13:07 Burton Albion transfer news: Jamie Ward returns to Nottingham Forest
- 13:06 Should schools ban mobile phones in class?
- 13:04 Turkey's President Erdogan wins power-boosting vote