125 years is human lifespan limit, scientists believe
Humans are unlikely ever to live beyond the age of 125, say researchers who claim we are already close to the lifespan limit.
The scientists studied survival data dating back to 1900 from more than 40 countries.
They found evidence of increasing average life expectancy, meaning that over time more people lived to a ripe old age.
Babies born in the US today could expect to live nearly to the age of 79, on average. In comparison, average life expectancy for Americans born in 1900 was only 47.
But the same study highlighted how unusual it was to live beyond 100, regardless of the year in which... read more
- 00:27 Manchester United want to re-sign Michael Keane but Burnley value...
- 00:27 FIFA president Gianni Infantino confirms video referees at 2018...
- 00:26 Zlatan Ibrahimovic turns down megabucks deal: Jose Mourinho wants...
- 00:25 Paraguay's lower house rejects presidential re-election amendment
- 00:24 Arsenal fans steering clear of the Emirates and Alexis Sanchez...
- 00:24 Christian Benteke and Andros Townsend show Tottenham what they're...
- 00:24 Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce fears Mamadou Sakho has...
- 00:24 Chelsea brothers Nathaniel and Trevoh Chalobah have dance-off in...
- 00:24 University of Glasgow honours life of James McCune Smith
- 00:23 'Have a little swagger', CEOs tell May in bid to make Brexit pay
- 00:23 ECB seen firmly on hold but may set stage for June shift
- 00:23 British housing starts indicator hits 10-year high, commercial...
- 00:21 Star Wars favourite Ian McDiarmid to play Enoch Powell on stage in...
- 00:19 General election 2017: Labour leader a 'mugwump' says Johnson
- 00:17 What's behind Uber's success in Egypt?
- 00:15 Blood test to spot lung cancer relapse hailed as 'new hope'
- 00:12 US military bosses reveal radical plan to hack soldier's brains to...
- 00:12 'Pawternity' leave - firms with unusual staff benefits
- 00:12 The 'golden bloom' that could revolutionise the search for alien...
- 00:10 Trump's 'armada' within 'STRIKING DISTANCE’ of North Korea amid...
- 00:10 ‘No-answers May will bully weak to defend strong’
- 00:09 Political risk biggest concern for insurers globally - survey
- 00:09 Northants set sights on Royal London One-Day Cup glory
- 00:09 Ebook sales drop as readers favour non-fiction books
- 00:09 French voters in Scotland look on as election battle heats up
- 00:09 SFA says system to protect young footballers from abuse ‘ineffective’
- 00:08 Newcrest expects to hit low end of gold target after damage to...
- 00:07 French ‘evidence’ of Assad atrocity rejected by Russia
- 00:07 South Africa: Top communist launches stinging attack on Zuma
- 00:07 Kurdish rebel group calls for no-fly zone