12 Tónar record shop and label, Reykjavik
The streets of downtown Reykjavik peel away from the stunning Hallgrímskirkja church and, on one of them, at Skólavörðustíg 15, is an innocuous shop frontage – 12 Tónar. Sitting centrally in the Venn diagram of necessities for many young(ish) urbanites, this store has the best of Icelandic music – and coffee.
It sounds like a utopian Scandi cliché. Genial audiophiles-cum-baristas advocate the wonder of vinyl and blended roasts, while Icelanders deliver niche music recommendations with impeccable accents and grammar in their second language. Both the staff and customers of 12 Tónar are... read more
- 09:28 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:28 Hospital search for family or friends of woman, 55, who died there...
- 09:28 Hong Kong stocks at 2-month low on U.S. rate hike prospects
- 09:26 Arsenal injury blow: Arsene Wenger confirms Gunners star ruled out...
- 09:24 Expiry date for cash earmarked for new Castle Way crossing in Carlisle
- 09:24 Police visit nail bars, car washes and takeaways in anti-slavery week
- 09:24 Unsafe railway bridge needs to be demolished, says Network Rail
- 09:24 The Bay Gateway: Exclusive preview of the new road
- 09:24 Attack victim Ben is out of coma and talking to family
- 09:23 Wales Rally GB in Chester: Everything you need to know
- 09:23 Smail Ayad charged in Australia with second British backpacker murder
- 09:23 Chris Tarrant: Since I had a stroke I've been taking a lot more...
- 09:22 Historic Warwick sites recognised as being ‘at risk’
- 09:21 Junior Football: Free-scoring Gartcairn keep Junior Cup dream alive
- 09:20 Nissan announcement is ‘fantastic’, say suppliers
- 09:20 Mental health services must improve at 127 NHS groups, figures show
- 09:19 Care home near Market Drayton is told to improve standards
- 09:18 Liverpool had to steal Trent Alexander-Arnold away from...
- 09:18 Guards hurt in robbery at bank
- 09:17 National Sperm Bank in Birmingham forced to stop recruiting new donors
- 09:16 Local history: Buried alive? Past Calderdale funeral customs
- 09:15 Imitation gun pointed at woman
- 09:14 Tamim Iqbal and Mominul Haque leave Bangladesh in control at lunch
- 09:14 AUDIO: Heartbreaking 999 call from terrified elderly woman...
- 09:14 IAG cuts 2016 forecast on sterling weakness
- 09:14 Flight of financial activity from UK likely in 'hard Brexit' -...
- 09:14 Daryl Powell commits future to Castleford
- 09:14 British Cycling asked to explain TUEs at select committee hearing
- 09:14 Chelsea ace receives surprise praise from Premier League captain:...
- 09:14 Premier League referees: Which official does your side win the most...