12 Hull nightclubs we loved in the 1990s that aren't there now
It was the time when only love could set you free, TLC were warning against waterfalls and girl power was on everyone's lips. Blur and Oasis managed to divide a country, Hanson were defining the genre of songs with nonsense lyrics, there were castles in the sky and certain songs had still been untouched by Nicki Minaj and her derriere.
No matter what your music taste, in the 1990s Hull had a venue for you to express your inner popstar, Britpopper or raver. With many now closed, we have taken a look back at the best bars and clubs Hull had to offer during the decade.
Lexington Avenue (LA's)... read more
- 14:18 Pontoon plan aims to regenerate quayside
- 14:18 Northumbria Police praised in two HMIC reports
- 14:17 Tennent’s to pour £1m into new Wellpark visitor centre
- 14:16 Leicester Tigers fly-half Freddie Burns named Aviva Premiership...
- 14:16 Borussia Dortmund prodigy Julian Weigl is not ready for Real Madrid...
- 14:16 Arsenal fan group plan Alexis Sanchez banner at the Emirates... of...
- 14:16 TOP SPIN AT THE TEST: Alastair Cook becomes first England batsman...
- 14:16 Leicester should be embarrassed... Claudio Ranieri needs to sort it...
- 14:16 Cool Runnings too? The Nigerian women set to become African...
- 14:14 WATCH: Shocking footage of youths kicking and punching teenager in...
- 14:14 WATCH: International Marshall demonstrator Steve Smith visits...
- 14:13 Carlisle floods victim turned drug dealer after losing everything
- 14:13 Radio 1 band provide soundtrack to University of Cumbria promotion
- 14:13 National Grid flogs a majority stake in its gas business to a team...
- 14:13 Straw wagon causes problems for Carlisle motorists
- 14:13 Opportunity for hospitals to help smokers quit
- 14:12 Alnmouth one-way system set to start
- 14:12 Operation Checkpoint chalks up another success
- 14:12 Opportunity for hospitals to help smokers quit
- 14:11 Mansfield drug man fined
- 14:11 Greg Lake dies at 69: One of his last interviews 'ELP were never...
- 14:11 Fine for Eastwood man who stole groceries from Sainsburys
- 14:11 Help for Mansfield woman with 20-year drug habit
- 14:11 Amphetamine diet man lost 5 stones before arrest in Retford
- 14:11 Man charged with phone possession in HMP Ranby
- 14:11 Futures flat ahead of ECB rate decision
- 14:10 FEATURE: New station will be gateway to Doncaster's future
- 14:10 New lease deal saves Lancaster children’s centre
- 14:10 Tom Heaton set to return for Burnley’s clash with Bournemouth
- 14:10 Boston and Skegness MP backs Government plans for Brexit