12 dogs face being put to sleep daily as owners fail to update microchip details warns Dog’s Trust
0 Have your say Only one in 10 UK dog owners saw updating their pet’s microchip when moving house as a priority - which could see their animal being destroyed if it strays.
More than 4,700 stray dogs couldn’t be reunited with their owners due to outdated chips, according to animal charity Dogs Trust.
A total of 37,283 dogs were left languishing in local authority kennels in the 12 months to March 2016 - and one in eight were there simply because their microchips had not been updated by their owners.
Dogs Trust’s annual survey of local authorities also found that 3,463 stray dogs had been... read more
- 02:23 Oxford Dodo was shot in head, scans find
- 02:23 Work begins on Western Isles' first mosque
- 02:23 Ex-MP Tessa Jowell first to donate data to medical database
- 02:10 Cow could soon be largest land mammal left due to human activity –...
- 02:07 How God Of War turned Kratos into one of gaming’s greatest characters
- 02:02 Berlin set for mass evacuation as WW2 bomb is defused
- 01:57 Baize aces collect their awards
- 01:53 Time 100 list: New Zealand PM Jacinda Ardern praised as 'political...
- 01:23 South Africa: Ramaphosa leaves Commonwealth summit to deal with...
- 01:22 New 'shadow' council to be set up for north of Northamptonshire
- 01:02 National Trust should be 'radical'
- 00:56 Sudoku hard 4039
- 00:54 Premier League clubs post record profits last season thanks to TV...
- 00:53 ‘Magic’ mushrooms to boost Caledonian Forest restoration
- 00:45 REVEALED: Harrogate Advertiser Business Awards winners 2018
- 00:45 How an asparagus farmer's death spurred robotic innovation
- 00:44 How does he do it? Secrets of David Copperfield’s disappearing...
- 00:44 Chelsea left back Marcos Alonso meets up with friends for a meal...
- 00:41 Premier League club revenues soar to £4.5bn
- 00:39 Bill Carmichael: Theresa May rides out Windrush storm - but Amber...
- 00:39 Charlotte Burns: Little substance to promises of a green future
- 00:39 Leonie Jackson: Why Enoch Powell’s Rivers of Blood speech still...
- 00:39 The Yorkshire Post says: A lack of nuance. Immigration debate still...
- 00:38 Poorest families 'going without food or power'
- 00:36 UK's Alys Tomlinson named photographer of year at Sony awards
- 00:36 Javier Bardem defends Woody Allen: 'I am very shocked by this...
- 00:36 Smartphone overuse increases loneliness and anxiety, and forms...
- 00:36 Crick mum names baby after hotel her waters broke in during...
- 00:35 German swastika ticket row as Hitler play opens in Konstanz
- 00:33 Mystery 'explosion' heard across large parts of Doncaster