111 number: 3,000 in Shropshire call non-emergency number
0 Comments There were 2,820 calls made to the 111 number over the three-month period; 944 in May, 901 in June and 975 in July.
Of those calls, around one in eight were advised to go to A&E, with just over half told to go to see their GP or an out of hours doctor.
One in six – 17 per cent – were not advised to seek medical advice in either a hospital or GP setting, according to the figures.
It comes as the Telford CCG board was told A&E waiting times are still below par, with two patients at Royal Shrewsbury left on trolleys for 12 hours or more waiting to be seen.
Hospitals across... read more
- 08:10 Pep Guardiola rethinks his opinion on Man City title hopes
- 08:10 Manchester United bid for Atletico Madrid winger Carrasco and more...
- 08:08 Derbyshire man and fellow suspect are accused of murder after stabbing
- 08:07 Staff at Kirklees Council tips threaten strike action
- 08:07 Man City in transfer battle with Everton and Leicester for £20m...
- 08:06 Weather forecast for the East Midlands: Sunday January 22
- 08:04 2017 property crash would see £399 a week wiped off UK property values
- 08:03 Antonio Conte: This player's form means I struggle to pick...
- 08:03 Arsenal star Petr Cech sends message to title rivals Chelsea
- 08:02 Sick messages to girl, 13, from man, 63, caught out by...
- 08:02 On This Day: £102k bingo win for Scunthorpe pensioner, a new pitch...
- 08:02 Is Scunthorpe venue the first to advertise Christmas party night...
- 08:02 Revealed: The best and worst GP surgeries in North Lincolnshire as...
- 08:02 Super slimmer unveils her amazing 4-stone weight loss
- 08:02 A transplant saved my life - please sign up so you can save others
- 08:02 Fines for litter louts more than double in North Lincolnshire
- 08:00 My Yorkshire: Brontë expert Juliet Barker on her favourite people...
- 08:00 Miles Jupp: From Balamory to the News Quiz and beyond
- 08:00 Can’t wait for the best 2015 Burgundies to mature? Here’s some to...
- 08:00 Steve McManaman rules out Liverpool transfer
- 07:59 Mischa Zverev reacts to ‘amazing’ Australian Open win over Sir...
- 07:59 Chelsea in talks with Real Madrid for huge summer deal - reports
- 07:57 I like driving in my car - driving instructor writes song about the...
- 07:57 McDonald's admits blunder for serving 24 hours without permission
- 07:57 Cyclist collides with car windscreen and is thrown into the air
- 07:56 First aid given to 60-year-old woman after house fire in The Meadows
- 07:56 Nadolo ‘absolutely on fire’, admits Saints boss Mallinder
- 07:55 19 of the most historical places to get married in North Wales
- 07:53 Here’s the moment a Simpsons character ‘changed colour’ in the...
- 07:52 Special school's charity dilemma