$10m campaign targets cervical cancer among girls in sub-Saharan Africa
A partnership worth $10m (£8.1m) to increase the uptake and awareness of a vaccine to protect girls from cervical cancer, which has higher death rates in sub-Saharan Africa than any other cancer, was launched on Tuesday.
Gavi, the vaccine alliance, announced it is joining forces with the Girl Effect to increase the demand for the human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine in Rwanda, Ethiopia and Malawi.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest The partnership, launched to mark International Day of the Girl, will challenge the myths and misconceptions about the vaccine. The fact that HPV is transmitted through... read more
- 08:13 N’Golo Kante heaps praise on ‘exceptional’ Kylian Mbappe
- 08:13 SNEAK PEEK: What’s inside this week’s Ripley and Heanor News?
- 08:13 Ideas for how to treat mum this Mother’s Day in Derbyshire
- 08:13 Fire at restaurant closes main road through Alfreton
- 08:13 Derbyshire drugs gang jailed for more than 17 years
- 08:13 Owner of dog that bit jogger denies it was dangerously out of control
- 08:13 Firefighters tackle ‘large’ building blaze
- 08:13 Latest Chesterfield magistrates’ court results
- 08:12 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:12 In-store sales at Next PLC are down with more tough times ahead
- 08:10 BEFORE THE BENCH: Cases due to be heard at magistrates' court in...
- 08:10 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:09 3,000 employees at steelworks to be offered chance to extend...
- 08:09 Sheffield Telegraph Health: ‘I cried my heart out so intensely - my...
- 08:09 War hero's medals to go under hammer
- 08:09 Paddy Madden brings up a half century of goals for Scunthorpe in...
- 08:09 It will be extremely difficult for Scunthorpe to get automatic...
- 08:09 New principal to take the reins at technical college
- 08:08 Cumbria MPs recall moment of terror as attacker struck in Westminster
- 08:09 More than THREE child sex offences in Humberside force area EVERY day
- 08:08 Barrow man feared losing his job, inquest hears
- 08:09 Huge £4.8m rates boost for Scunthorpe steelworks
- 08:08 Cuts 'undermine' future of Cumbria's students say MPs
- 08:08 Paper recycling for Furness schools to be dropped from September
- 08:08 Brighter weather just around the corner
- 08:08 Nick Baines: From a Palace of democracy to an Abbey of prayer, the...
- 08:08 RISE AND SHINE: Live travel news, weather and fun features - March 23
- 08:07 What Joe Hart said to Lukas Podolski after his thunderbolt in...
- 08:06 Tottenham to find out Wembley fate as they await approval to host...
- 08:06 Liverpool and Everton target Michael Keane 'flattered' by growing...