105-year-old thanked by woman she rescued during WW2
The journalist who broke the news about the start of World War Two turns 105 on Monday. Before becoming a reporter, Clare Hollingworth helped rescue thousands of people from Hitler's forces. One of the people she saved has sent her a birthday message - almost 80 years after they met.
Margo Drotar was four when she and her mother were arrested in Poland in 1939.
The family, who were communists from Hungary, were fleeing the advance of Hitler through eastern Europe when they were detained.
They starved for five days in jail. Desperate that Margo should live, her mother held her up to the bars... read more
- 00:50 How do Liverpool CGIs and artist’s impressions compare to the...
- 00:50 Bananarama set to return for huge UK tour after almost 30 years
- 00:46 MPs criticise George Osborne for accepting editor’s job without...
- 00:39 West Ham star makes big admission: This has been our problem this...
- 00:39 Leon Britton reveals inspiration for Swansea's fight against...
- 00:39 Mauricio Pochettino: I was right to make this decision against Chelsea
- 00:39 Cesc Fabregas tells Eden Hazard: Do this and you’ll be better than...
- 00:39 Arsenal 2 - Manchester City 1: Alexis Sanchez sends Gunners into FA...
- 00:39 Who won the London Marathon 2017? Results, prize money and more
- 00:39 Robin Goodfellow's racing tips: Best bets for Monday, April 24
- 00:39 Harry Kane sends message to Chelsea after FA Cup defeat: We're...
- 00:35 Motoring groups welcome tougher punishments for speeding offences
- 00:33 Wayne Rooney sends huge warning to Manchester City ahead of derby...
- 00:33 Barcelona v Real Marid: Luis Enrique reveals the secret to...
- 00:31 Major breakthrough in search for cause of MS
- 00:30 Pep Guardiola failing to make the grade in the Premier League with...
- 00:30 Rangers boss Pedro Caixinha: This is why we lost to Celtic in the...
- 00:29 Futures rally after centrist takes first round in French election
- 00:29 Afghan Taliban's brazen attack eclipses Trump's 'mother of all bombs'
- 00:26 Period details of horror, from the Victorian era to today
- 00:26 Why ‘Anywheres’ ignore ‘Somewheres’ at their peril
- 00:26 The Good Book of the Manics
- 00:26 City have it all to do after first-leg loss
- 00:26 Gift of the Gab gives Bruce derby day spoils
- 00:26 Sinclair dreams of the perfect treble
- 00:26 How Ofcom meddling is harming the communications sector
- 00:26 Never believe predictions, especially about the future
- 00:26 Is private property peculiar to capitalism and do socialists want...
- 00:26 Overturning the rigged system
- 00:26 Syria: Government captures more ground in Hama province