100 Women 2016: 'My life has been rich and colourful'
In Japan, people rarely talk about cancer. You usually only hear about someone's battle with the disease when they either beat it or die from it, but 34-year-old newsreader Mao Kobayashi decided to break the mould with a blog - now the most popular in the country - about her illness and how it has changed her perspective on life.
Two years ago, when I was 32, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. My daughter was three, my son was only one. I thought: "It'll be OK because I can go back to being how I was before once the cancer is treated and cured." But it wasn't that easy and I... read more
- 01:05 Amir Khan calls out Floyd Mayweather but domestic rival Kell Brook...
- 01:05 James Haskell seeks upturn in Wasps form to boost his chances of...
- 01:01 ‘No deal’ Brexit would cost Tayside and Fife nearly £4bn, say...
- 00:59 Generation game in Gomersal
- 00:58 Mosul: Culture and concerts where IS once reigned
- 00:50 US style restaurant chain reveals location of next site
- 00:42 Heckmondwike man killed in Cleckheaton car crash
- 00:42 Subsidised bus services to be scrapped
- 00:32 Mercedes in harmony as Lewis Hamilton joins the party in Austin...
- 00:27 Harry Kane wants to become 'one of the best players in the world'...
- 00:27 Man City news: Gabriel Jesus insists Sergio Aguero deserves his...
- 00:27 Man Utd news: Juan Mata insists Huddersfield defeat was a one-off
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Huge Christmas drama ahead for Lauren, Abi and...
- 00:24 EastEnders spoilers: Knife horror for Tina Carter leads to hit and...
- 00:24 Mel B ‘chucks out ex Stephen Belafonte’s stuff leaving him only...
- 00:22 Paris accord: US and Syria alone as Nicaragua signs
- 00:22 Emma Hayes will not replace Mark Sampson as England women's boss...
- 00:20 Album round-up with Ian Sinclair
- 00:20 Ever true to his roots
- 00:20 Bleak yet beautiful fictions of near-future disintegration
- 00:20 Ron’s gone: Everton can Koeman as Toffees sit 18th
- 00:20 England ‘raring to go’ despite losing first ODI
- 00:20 Caixinha slams shameful Rangers performance
- 00:20 Trouble in the hermit kingdom: Life in Korea before the war
- 00:20 The vampire kangaroo and the great sewage swindle
- 00:20 A genius beyond all category
- 00:20 We’ve only seen but the scum on the surface
- 00:20 World in brief: Tuesday October 24
- 00:20 Catalan legislature to mull Madrid’s ‘power grab’ plan
- 00:20 Army tightens noose on last Isis stronghold