10 things people with fibromyalgia want you to know
I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia for a couple of years.
I think I’ve had the condition – which causes pain all over the body – for much longer.
It’s difficult to get a diagnosis of fibromyalgia, not only because the symptoms can be vague and very similar to other illnesses but because there’s no definitive test for it.
Once diagnosed there is a sense of relief for finally knowing what is causing such draining symptoms, but sufferers may also feel disappointment since there are limited treatment options and no cure available.
Fibromyalgia is a debilitating yet invisible illness and it... read more
- 18:49 Missing teenager believed to have taken Eurostar to Poland to...
- 18:48 Johanna Konta hits out after latest early French Open exit
- 18:47 Council asks: Does town need a new recreation ground?
- 18:47 Big demand for apartments
- 18:47 View from the Zoo: Valentine joins rest of flock in Lost Kingdom
- 18:44 Michael ‘Venom’ Page urges David Haye to listen to his body and...
- 18:44 Manchester United make opening £96m bid for Lazio star Sergej...
- 18:43 Students win £1.5m pledge from UCL after five-month rent strike
- 18:43 View from the Zoo: Valentine joins rest of flock in Lost Kingdom
- 18:42 Rupert Everett gears up for the next chapter: moving in with his mum
- 18:39 View from the Zoo: Valentine joins rest of flock in Lost Kingdom
- 18:36 Mario Mandzukic to Man Utd: Juventus star wants Premier League move
- 18:29 Two people who died were among 15 hospitalised at Mutiny Festival
- 18:27 Mourinho on red alert with Manchester City not interested in Gareth...
- 18:27 Defending French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko out in the first round
- 18:27 Chris Froome wins Giro d’Italia in Rome to join cycling’s exclusive...
- 18:23 Teenager's leg stuck in cattle grid in Wigan
- 18:23 Mohamed Salah injury update: Liverpool star reveals all on...
- 18:22 Music review Wow-factor from wonderful wizard of Os Mutantes and crew
- 18:20 Police appeal after cyclist is injured in collision with car in...
- 18:13 Chennai spot-fixing allegation is outrageous, say Bayliss and Root
- 18:13 Richard Wood fires Rotherham into Championship with playoff final...
- 18:13 Johanna Konta falls at first hurdle of the French Open yet again
- 18:11 F1 Monaco GP: Daniel Ricciardo holds off Sebastian Vettel to secure...
- 18:04 Pet hotel planned for Wigton
- 18:03 Venus Williams loses in straight sets in first round of French Open
- 17:55 Mohamed Salah confident he will be fit for World Cup after injury...
- 17:50 Alex Sandro to Man Utd: Juventus open talks amid rumours that £44m...
- 17:48 Students to sue LSE over 'mouldy and mice-infested flats'
- 17:48 Student housing tempts wealthy investors